Swimming pools are not one-size-fits-all. There are various types that will work best for your backyard. If you’re in the market for a new swimming pool, be sure you do your research before deciding, and let the professionals at Pool and Spa Depot help you decide what pool is the perfect fit for your backyard.
Inground Gunite Pools
First, an inground gunite pool is a great place to start when reviewing pool types. These pools are made by mixing cement, sand and water, and then spraying the mixture through a pressure hose. This produces a dense layer of concrete that serves as the pool’s foundation.
An inground gunite pool has many benefits, including:
- They are highly durable
- They can be completely customizable when it comes to shape and size.
- You can design almost any features to add to the pool, making it as ornate as you’d like.
Another option to go with is an inground fiberglass pool. Fiberglass is a material made from weaved pieces of glass threads and coated with a polyester resin. They also come ready in one piece, with a variety of shapes available.
The benefits of inground fiberglass pools do not disappoint:
- They can be installed very quickly – sometimes in just a few days!
- Fiberglass pools do not require resurfacing or liner replacement.
- You can install fiber optic lights for those late-night swims.
Vinyl Liner Pools
Not interested in either of those types? Don’t worry because inground vinyl liner swimming pools are a great decision, as well. These pools are made by covering a sand or cement floor with a measured piece of vinyl over the top.
Here are some of the awesome benefits of inground vinyl pools:
- The vinyl is very smooth and will not crack like a traditional cement pool.
- They are usually less expensive than a fiberglass or gunite pool.
- They are flexible, which means that you can have almost any shape for your pool.
Above Ground Pools
If you’re still not feeling any of these options, then an above ground pool may be the best option for you. These pools are pre-made and installed in your backyard without any digging or excavation. That’s right, you can put it almost anywhere in your backyard and even move it around if need be.
There are many benefits of above ground pools that make them a great option:
- They are usually the most cost-effective option for a pool.
- They’re made tough – they can survive harsh winters and you can winterize the equipment pieces and bring them inside.
- They come in a wide variety of sizes made to work in almost any backyard.
No matter which pool type you choose, owning a pool is fun for you and the whole family. At Pool and Spa Depot, we sell, design, and build every type of swimming pool available We carry inground gunite, inground fiberglass, inground vinyl, and above ground pools. With hundreds of options to choose from, you’re sure to find the pool that works for you.
Contact us today to set up a consultation with one of our pool experts. Or just stop by any of our five locations to see all that we have to offer in person.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Pool and Spa Depot has been a trusted family-owned and operated full-service pool company serving Clarksville, Nashville, Cookeville, Bowling Green and the surrounding areas since 1996. Pool and Spa Depot specializes in creating and caring for custom backyard pools, spas and living spaces from the initial design phase to long after construction is complete.
Whether you’re in the market for an inground gunite, steel wall, fiberglass or above ground pool construction, or are looking for reliable pool and spa maintenance or renovation and repair services, Pool and Spa Depot offers it all.
Contact Pool and Spa Depot today to speak with a specialist who can handle all of your pool care needs and outdoor living solutions. Stop by their state-of-the-art facility in the Cool Springs area in Brentwood to see 80,000 square feet of the largest selection of pool and spa products, chemicals, accessories and add-ons on the market today, or stop by their three outlet locations to pick up your immediate pool care supplies.