Are Swim Spas Better than Pools?Nashville Pool Company
OK, we could be a little bit biased here at Pool & Spa Depot but we think swim spas are often better than a swimming pool in many circumstances. But also there are times when a pool would be more appropriate. Take this Swim Spa vs Pools match up with a pinch of salt as it is just a bit of fun while we are taking a break with all of this rain outside!
See for yourself how beautiful swim spas are! (We are TOTALLY not biased!)
A Swim Spa Is Better Because
- They do not require a large amount of space (in comparison to a pool).
- Workouts are much more intense due to the strong current the jets can push out. (meaning you have to work out for less time to get the same results as you would with a swimming pool).
- They often come with seats just like a hot tub for relaxation.
- They are potentially much cheaper to install than an inground pool
- They are much quicker to install – one day compared to 4 to 6 weeks
- They are easy to heat and stay warm all year round.
- They are great to relax in with friends.
- They are easier to install indoors
- Your neighbor has a pool and a swim spa is more prestigious (admit it, it’s going to feel good beating the Jones)
- They may not require a protective childproof fence around them (check your local state laws)
A Swimming Pool Is Better Because:
- They can easily be used by more than one person at a time like a group or party.
- You can do many more group exercises and activities like volleyball and macro polo.
- Children will probably enjoy using a pool more with options like slides and diving boards.
- They are easy to maintain with less moving and breakable parts than a swim spa (think water jets and pumps)
Parts will be much more available when something does break as swimming pools are much more common.
A VERY accurate picture of an average American swimming pool (honest!)
These options are just food for thought. Ultimately, only you can decide what is going to better for your personal situation. If you were to ask us, we will tell you a swim spa has it advantages, but the truth is that some people will find a swim spa better, and others will find a pool better. It all comes down to what you want to use it for. Want a pure fitness machine that will make your swimming workouts test your determination for years to come? Want something that can be used by the whole family at once?
Whatever you decide or if you have questions about both, come to one of our four store locations to see our swim spas and pools for yourself.
[anchor href=”/contact/” class=”button”]Contact Us[/anchor]