Upgrade to a Safety Pool Cover
Having a backyard pool means spending time outside, splashing in the water, and soaking up all the sun you can with family and friends. However, once summer fades and the temperatures start to drop, you have to start thinking about how to keep your pool safe, clean, and warm during the colder weather. The most effective solution to this problem is to get a safety pool cover. Its multi-purposes make it a great investment for every responsible pool owner.
Here are a few reasons why it’s a good idea to upgrade to a safety pool cover:
- When a safety pool cover is used, it prevents heat loss by protecting the pool water during the cold days and at night. The water retains more heat at night when a cover is placed on top, which ends up helping to reduce the money you spend on heating the pool.
- Pool safety covers keep the pool clean. Without a cover, anything from in and around the surrounding area can find its way into the pool, including leaves, branches, toys, and other unwanted items you don’t want to see in your pool.
- When evaporation takes place, you will not only have to compensate for the temperature change, but also for the water that’s lost. A safety pool cover ensures that this process is slowed down and that too much water doesn’t get wasted.
- Depending upon the environment, the chemical balance of your pool can go through different changes. Sunlight, in fact, happens to be one of the major factors that contribute to breaking down the chemistry of your pool water. Covering the pool leads to a reduction in the amount of sunlight coming in contact with your pool, thereby prolonging the effects of chlorine along with other chemicals. It also reduces the growth of algae in the pool.
- Pool safety covers aren’t just for keeping the pool clean and healthy but also serve as an extra layer of protection. A pool safety cover protects yourself, your kids, and your pets from falling in. Most pool safety covers can easily hold a few hundred pounds, thereby acting as a safe and solid barrier between your family and the pool.
For more information about safety pool cover options and how they’ll work best for your poolscape, contact the pool care experts at Pool & Spa Depot today.